Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Welcome!


Welcome to the new and improved Mermaid Tea! This was a blog I started years ago and sadly lost track of after I moved to South Korea back in 2012. 
Originally this blog was a creative outlet for me and also a place where I hoped others would find inspiration for story ideas and whatnot. Now I would like to continue with the original plan but also add some other fun topics such as:

  • What I get inspired by (movies, TV shows, music, news articles, blogs, and books).
  • Places that make my soul happy (destinations and restaurants). 
  • A bunch of random stuff that maybe no one will care much about (story blurbs, mental-happy-dance-worthy silly junk).
I love to write stories and I especially enjoy challenging myself to write stories based on random things I come across in daily life. One thing I used to do was find a song or a picture of something that just spoke to me and write a short (or long) story pertaining to that bit of inspiration. I want to start that up again as well, so what I will do is share the inspiration source and also the story blurb that I was inspired to write.

Also, I have been using Pinterest as a way to find writing techniques and inspiration. They have so many writing prompts and "how to make your villain truly evil" type of links to articles and blogs that I find fascinating! And don't worry, I'll be sharing those brain-ticklers here for you too!

In closing, I hope you will enjoy the wild ride of topics on here and maybe find a little cup of creativity too.


Cheers to a new start!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Header Background Designed by Freepik